Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

01 June 2005

Drink a Cup of Kindness

I am spending my week seeing people whom I have neglected for far too long in my busy-but-not-that-busy life. The first person to reap the benefits of my newfound dedication to strengthening the ties that bind is Cathy Lee (see picture above). I think, though, and she might agree with me, that since the catching up could only occur if she came all the way to Athens from Boulder it's a bittersweet victory at best. Still, last night was spent in the company of friends w/ a few rounds of Maker's Mark and Blenheim's (best drink ever). I love seeing old friends. I go around all the time thinking I want to meet new people when I know that nothing compares to sitting around with people who know me better than I know myself and having them give me a great big ole dose of Get Over Yourself.

The second person to be caught up with this week will be Gardner (again, see above). Though, I must say, this victory too is bittersweet since he had to come all the way from Los Angeles to hang out at my house with Moxie 'n me. So I won't be winning any awards for Friend of the Year, but I can say that I'm glad I'm making an effort when the situation presents itself because you just never know when you'll get the chance again. Am I right? Am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home