Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

18 June 2005

Conversations Over Miller Lite Pitchers

In no particular order:

Michael Jackson's Skull: Millenia from now, when archaeologists uncover the skull of Michael Jackson, will they think that he was an alien? Or will the Prince of Pop opt for freezing his head a la Walt Disney?

To Queen: "Queen" as verb, as in, "Did you see that guy? He totally just queened me!" To be used when men of the homosexual persuasion posture to make sure there's no mistake about it. Can be modified with "double" or even "cube," as in "He double queened my ass!" Warning: using this word means you have automatically queened as well.

The Epitome of Female Beauty: Chris's pick--Elizabeth Taylor in the good days; George's pick--Christy Turlington; Patrick's pick--Angelina Jolie; Amy's pick--Jennifer Connelly; of course we all realize that there are more beautiful women than can be covered in one trip to Room 13. Where is Audrey Hepburn, Lana Turner? Where are all the non-whites? I think I will endeavor for my next post to put together a comprehensive list of the most beautiful women ever. Wish me luck.

Jewish Tattooed Gay Folksinger: Apparently a real person, possibly the most disenfranchised person on the planet. But I am open to suggestions as to who could have it worse. Maybe if he was black and a woman too.

Hasidic Rapper: A natural progression from the previous topic. I suggest that he name an album, "Acidic." See? Funny? It has an edge and he's Hasidic. Ha.

Katie Holmes: Will she or won't she convert to scientology now that she will allegedly become Mrs. Tom Cruise (No. 3)?

Finding Nemo--Good or Bad?: There was a split at our table concerning whether Finding Nemo really deserved all the hype levelled at it from various critics and the moviegoing masses. I'm on the "yes" side: beautiful images, touching story, witty dialogue, ridiculously talented cast, etc, ad nauseum. On the "No" side were the arguments that it is smarmy (sp?) and manipulative. Opinions?

"I'm Not Gay as in Happy, I'm Queer as in Fuck You" (excuse my language, Mom and Dad): My friend Chris is trying to convince me to march in the Gay Pride Parade next weekend in Atlanta. He doesn't seem to think it's a big deal that I am not gay. And that leaves me to wonder: is gay pride only for the queer? The quote which names this topic is the slogan that will be found on the T-shirt I am to wear as I pretend to be gay in front of Atlanta's prideful multitudes.

Internet Relationships: I met my first internet relationship last night. One half contacted the other half after being intrigued by the latter's pictures and comments on his MySpace page. I indicated my confusion over whether or not it is considered good etiquette to contact someone you don't know b/c you think there is a possibility that you have things in common. Of course, how is that any different from looking up someone in the phone book once upon a time? The question, I suppose, is where does hedging your bets end and stalking begin? For what it's worth, the contactee in the relationship at issue was a bit freaked out to be contacted in such a manner. But he seems to have gotten over it admirably.

What Does France Smell Like Anyway?: George was wearing a new shirt last night and upon smelling it we all agreed that it smelled like France. The scent was somewhere between lemon and jasmine and new car. I don't know why this smell should be so reminiscent of France, but we were unanimous. When you think France, what do you smell?

5 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Amy said...

to clarify: a friend was confused and i wanted to make sure no one else is. i have not begun an internet relationship. last night i met a couple who met over the internet. hope that makes it clearer.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the picks for the epitome of female beauty, but I'd like to add a few. Elizabeth Hurley, Scarlett Johansson, Halle Berry, Vanessa Williams, Stacey Dash, and Nicole Ari Parker. I'm sure there are more that will come to mind later.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i take back my nomination of elizabeth hurley for this reason:

Elizabeth Hurley just can't seem to stop casting a critical eye on figures more curvaceous than her own. The actress, who once said of Marilyn Monroe, "I'd kill myself if I was that fat ... She was very big," was asked last week what fashion trend she'd most like to outlaw. "Anything that is too small or too tight, unless you're slim and toned," she remarked, according to the London Mirror. "I'm sick of seeing flab bulging out all over."

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Amy said...

that's a very socially conscious choice, hens. no room for the spreaders of poor self-esteem in this contest. unless they do it by just being them, which is fine.

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nominate Amy Salley. (*muah*)
-Leigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home