Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

13 July 2005

Sky Rockets in Flight

We lit it up, like the Fourth of July, baby! They never saw it coming, not from underdogs like us. But boy, did we ever show them. Afternoon Delight dominated the AFDC Summer League Midseason Tournament. It was made to be our bitch. 8-0 for the weekend. Oh yeah! And now the forums are just buzzing with, "Man, did you see that sick layout D Neder had?" and, "I didn't know KWoo had such a big hammer--let alone three of them in one point!" and, "I can't believe Chad's parents left before his Callahan score," and, "When did Frank Wooten get to be thirty feet tall?" and, "Ricky was pissed as hell, man!" and other such accolades born of pure shock. But was Afternoon Delight surprised? The fans want to know. Well, you may take it from me, fans, Afternoon Delight was only surprised at the first come-from-behind win over the Schmitt Kickers (who knew you could be down 7-2 at half and proceed to dominate so completely?). After that, nothing could surprise us. We showed 'em how we roll.

Okay, okay. All boasting aside. I could not have had a better weekend. Turns out I am on the most nicestest team in the history of AFDC Summer League and that when the shit goes down we are able to turn on the afterburners and kick some butt. Who could ask for more? On top of that I got to go out on the ATL town for the first time in my meager existance. I was introduced to the nightlife of East Atlanta in the form of The Heaping Bowl and The Earl. Great times. Tho I will admit to practically falling asleep into my free Strongbow (thanks Hensley!) while trying to keep track of the lightening-quick conversation b/t KQ and Stersic and David Bradley and Echto and poor Hensley who was trying to keep me awake. Sigh. I am not as young as I used to be. And I think it's safe to say that the late night most definitely affected my game on Sunday. But, be that as it may, we still won and I'm still excited to be part of Afternoon Delight.

Highlights of the weekend:
--Free food out of the Pickle (Andy Grimes for President!)
--Actually managinng to get a D, and on Kate Wilson no less, who falls into the category of "I want to be her when I grow up"
--Colin's behind the back thumber (no look scoober? what the heck was that thing) to KWoo who had the most spectacular lay-out miss ever
--Passing the Jaeger at half-time
--Jaeger bombs after the big finals win
--the comeback against Schmitt Kickers in pool play
--watching our deep boys do no wrong

Okay. I've gushed enough. Here's to looking forward to a repeat at the End of Season Tournament. I love to win!

3 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us not forget the nomination of contestant No. 8....Well....we're waiting!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Amy said...

patience, grasshopper. these things cannot be rushed.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha- look at us! We won! Let's have a crappy regular season so that we get ranked 2nd in the pool with Big Bhang and really mess them up! We're so funny and cute and sneaky!

Grumble, grumble, grumble . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home