Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

23 September 2006

Bad Things Happen in...

I will now recount, for your viewing pleasure, the crappy things that have happened to me since last we spoke. Maybe, at the end, if necessary to elevate the tone to a pitch which doesn't induce self-mutilation by secret cutting, I'll recount some good stuff too.

1. Consumer Debt

So, Georgia Power steals. I say this to save you, Constant Reader, from a fate similar to mine. $95 dollars they charge when things happen that aren't your fault. Actually, we can blame the Republicans. See, if the Republicans hadn't raped our environment, I wouldn't have felt compelled to take a non-paying internship over the summer in order to rehabilitate it. And if I hadn't taken the non-paying internship, then theoretically I would've gotten some kind of paying gig. If that had happened, the check I wrote to Georgia Power at the end of the summer wouldn't have bounced and Georgia Power wouldn't currently be stealing my money. And, oh, it is stealing. They are taking money in exchange for nothing and quite against my will. But not to worry! They say I can have it back if I don't suck for 12 straight months. No one can go 12 months without sucking. It's written into our genetic code. Bye bye $95.

2. The Man

It costs more to run a stop sign in Athens-Clarke County than it does to go 25 mph over the speed limit in Murray County (specifically, Chatsworth). Not only that, you can pay the tickets from the backwoods online but not the tickets from the City Which Shelters Georgia's Flagship Institution.

3. Heartache
Since I don't so much want this to turn into one of those kinds of blogs in which people I don't know can read my innermost personal thoughts and feelings, I won't go into too much detail here. Suffice it to say that you can't ever really know someone. I gave him my heart and he gave me a pen. Whatever. Florida can have him. I am both a rock and an island. Besides there's a new boy around Athens I have my eye on. Onward and upward.

There you have it.

To hold up my end of the bargain, some good stuff is as follows: Rival won Sectionals; I'm getting back my security deposit from last year's apartment; I threw a party with Anna that rawked and at which I learned to play Quarters; I'm finally watching the second season of Lost (NO SPOILERS); aforementioned new Athens boy.

I'm confident that my bout of bad luck here endeth.

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger KQ said...

Friend, your boy lies when he cries. Florida can have him indeed.
In happier news, I am currently loving Lost season 2. Granted, I'm only halfway through, but I say "meh" to the haters who claim that it does not live up to the first season.
What's gonna happen?!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Ned said...

The fat dude with the curly hair is Keyser Soze and he's dead.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger GeorgeBS said...

Hang in there, Babe!! Daddums

 

Post a Comment

<< Home