Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

24 May 2006

Back in the Saddle

Okay. It's been a shockingly long time since I posted anything of merit. I don't know if I am going to remedy that situation now or not, but for kicks (and to give those of you who are still checking something to read) I will provide a summary of what I have been up to since last we spoke.

1. Finals
I placed my nose on the grindstone (brief aside: that phrase comes from the old practice of smelling ground grain to discover if it had gone bad) and made it through the end of the semester. Two take-home exams, one regular exam, and a policy analysis later, I am officially no longer a 2L. Whether I become a 3L depends, of course, on the outcome of aforementioned
Tests of Merit and Aptitude. So far, mediocre but no failing. Keep your fingers crossed.

2.
Myspace
Long ago in the salad days of the World Wide Web I scoffed at the notion that surfing the 'net could prove addictive. I mean, how long could a person possibly stare at what amounts to a wide and constantly changing light bulb? Well, Friends, I now have
egg on my face. Myspace is a monkey on my back. Everything takes a back burner to it. Packing, FAFSA, exams, hygiene--everything. At the same time I wish to encourage you all to join it (must have more friends!) and loudly warn you to run in the other direction. And you should totally go to my page and hear my song. It rox! (www.myspace.com/amysalley)

3.
BtVS.5
I actively dislike Dawn. Glory is a fantastic villain. Poor Riley. Tara and Willow make me cry. Xander becomes hot. Anya is hilarious in her capitalist phase. "The Body" is one of the most fantastic pieces of television ever. Bye Bye Buff...okay done.

4.
Keith Richards
I have been giving Mr. Richards a run for his money in the party area. To say good bye to Athens, you must say good bye in a language it understands. Booze. Athens only speaks Booze. But I am not ashamed because soon I will be more-or-less joining the work force and my Keith Richards days are, therefore, numbered. I SWEAR I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT. Moving on...

5.
Atlanta
I will become a temporary Atlanta resident in T-minus five days. My home will be with Mr. Michael Baccarini in lovely
Decatur (not pictured above) where hopefully he will whip my butt into shape and I will spend many pleasant hours of quality time with his DirecTV. Wednesday marks the first official day of my internship with the Georgia Center for Law in the Public Interest. Wish me luck! In addition to the foregoing, Atlanta Summer League begins in the none-to-distant future. Oh yes folks, me and Team ___ will take the AFDC by storm! I'm a 6! That's two better than last year! Woo!

And that pretty much sums it up. This weekend will find me at the
Memorial Day Hat Tournament in Savannah, which all but marked the beginning of this here blog last year. We've laughed. We've cried. We've been extremely bored. In any event, many thanks to those of you who have stuck by me through the good and the bad. To mark the occasion, I have begun finalizing what I hope will prove to be the most amazing Epitome of Female Beauty Contest ever! Stay tuned, folks!

On that note, I am out. Must finally admit to myself that I won't be living in this apartment too much longer (bye crappy neighbors!) and pack stuff. Sigh. Packing's the worst.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger hillary said...

Aw. Say hey to Mr. Baccarini for me.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Adrian Pritchett said...

Everyone on MySpace totally ignored me. It got stale. I deleted my profile. Then I created a new one to log in and see a relative's profile, and afterwards I found that apparently a critical mass of users had developed and a few random people from high school found me. Interesting. The end.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger KQ said...

Amy, sweetie, you're SUPPOSED to dislike Dawn. She's an annoying kid sister, and also she's Michelle Trachtenberg. But how can you not sympathize with her "I'm nobody"-ness? Buffy does! And when do we NOT ask "What would Buffy do?"

As an aside, the only episode of the WB's Supernatural that I ever watched featured two geeky wanna-be ghost hunter boys (to foil the main characters, who are bona fide ghost hunter men) who realize they are onto something big. One of them starts freaking out and the other one grabs him by the shoulders and says "Ok! Just calm down! We have to think . . . what would Buffy do?"

Amen.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger hillary said...

Also: I like Dawn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home