Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

28 September 2005

Lucky 14


Okey dokey, then. I gotta say, at the beginning of the season, I didn't know if we would pull it off. We were plagued with injuries and Raoul Mondesi (for the life of me I don't know if I spelled that right--what kind of fan am I?). We had no run support. Our pitchers were a little lack-luster (anyone else remember Smoltz's first start this season?). So the 14th Division Title in a row is fantastic news. Bobby Cox rules. As much as I question some of his decision-making, it turns out that the majority of the time he knows what he's doing. I have had some hard times this season. There was the aforementioned Smoltz start. There was Orr. Ryan Langerhans got engaged. But there were bright points too. Andruw started holding the bat lower, resulting in an impressive number of homeruns. The Golden Boy stayed Golden and was a great asset to the team (Francoeur to the uninitiated). I got a ball signed by Julio Franco who is My Favorite Brave. I'm pumped for the post-season, though I wonder what's going to happen without a left-handed pitcher in the rotation. And what of Smoltz? Will his shoulder play nice and allow for quality pitching? I know that some friends of mine are doing their part to ensure the World Series. They call it the Hot Water Challenge and basically it entails not coming into contact with hot liquid until the Braves bring it home. Well, it got 'em a division I guess. Why not the Series? God I love baseball. GO BRAVES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home