Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

16 July 2005

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Gardner did this after Hillary did so I thought I would too. I love not ever having an original idea.

10 years ago: Wow. Summer of 1995. Turns out I have a memory worth nothing. Let's see. That would be the summer after my freshman year of high school. It's most likely that I was at camp. Because that's what I did back in the Jesus Days (as I call my years of extreme piety). I believe that was the summer I got voted to be on the Episcopal Youth Commission, which at the time was a very big deal for me. This indirectly led to a James Brown sighting outside of the Sheraton in Augusta, Georgia where my friend Lonnie convinced him to do his trademark, "Ow!" Ah, memories.

5 years ago: That was the summer I learned to drive buses. My first/only college job. By the end of the summer I could parallel park those suckers. Also spent the summer in class and playing Athens Summer League. The maroon team. We rocked.

1 year ago: Drove buses all summer and visted Christian on the IFP trip. Not sure if I was there at this exact time of the summer, though it does seem about right. Flew into San Fransisco and flew back from Portland about a week and a half later, stopping at various places along the way. Highlight of the trip: overcoming extreme fear and jumping into Crater Lake. 28 degrees. Blergh.

Yesterday: Sat around pointedly not studying for my exam. Took the car to get the brakes worked on. Bugged Leigh for a while. Went to happy hour at the Manhattan and partook of Maker's Mark and Blenheims. Best drink ever. Proceeded to Room 13 and partook of High Lifes. Second best drink ever. Moved then to The 40 Watt to dance the night away to the Krush Girls and drink PBR tallboys. Third best drink ever. Post Girls we went off for some nightswimming at Waterford Apts. Let the good times roll.

Today: Recover from last night. Study. Work. Huzzah!

Tomorrow: Matinee of The Wedding Crashers. Work. Study.

5 Snacks I enjoy: Chunky Monkey, Cheddar Jack Cheezits, Dark Chocolate Twix, Red Popcicles, Oranges

5 bands/artists that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: Indigo Girls, Counting Crows, The Beatles, Wilco, R.E.M.

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: I'm with Gardner. Let's pretend I've done all the requisite give money to family, pay off loans, get a car, give to charity etc. I would open my bookstore, I would go to Greece for just as long as I want, I would buy some wilderness somewhere and I would let it sit, then I would run out of ideas

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Majorca, Oxford, Point Reyes National Seashore, the Pottery Barn Catalogue, my mom

5 bad habits I have: cracking my gum, procrastination, smoking in bars, letting the dishes pile up, not washing my face at night

5 things I like doing: going to baseball games, reading like I have no responsibilities, drinking coffee, playing with Moxie, playing ultimate

5 things I would never wear: those weird fuzzy boots, anything with only one strap, a Yankees hat, a thong in public, egg on my face

5 TV shows I like: The Gilmore Girls, The Daily Show, The Simpsons, The Family Guy, Desperate Housewives

5 movies I like: When Harry Met Sally..., The Purple Rose of Cairo (and almost every other movie made by Woody Allen), The Wizard of Oz, High Fidelity, The Neverending Story (I don't care what Gardner says)

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Adrien Brody, Ryan Langerhans, Jon Stewart, Diane Lane, Kurt Vonnegut, Sophia Coppola (hah! that's six! you can't put me in a box!)

5 biggest joys at the moment: playing ultimate again, receiving Harry Potter 6 in the mail (which happened today), summer class ending, Dino getting a new dog, having a tan

5 favorite toys: ipod, Moxie, blog, Netflix, 175 gram Discraft disc

5 people who will do their own: Stephen will probably do one. And Will. Beyond that I don't know. I don't have a lot of friends, you see.

3 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished Harry Potter #6 yesterday (yeah, yeah, it took me two days cause I have somewhat of a life). Cried. Anyone else?

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Amy said...

careful, people, w/ the I read harry potter already nonsense. no spoilers.

and kq, you'll get no judgment here. i read the fifth one in one day. one...day...

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please- admitting to crying is not a spoiler. Especially since this is me we are talking about. I once cried at an episode of the Chipmunks. Granted, however, it was the episode where they get a puppy, and then it gets hit by a car and dies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home