Curiouser and Curiouser!

Coyness can stop you from saying all the things in life you want to.

09 October 2005

Flux


Weekends like this are what make the weeks worthwhile, in my humble opinion. I will regale you with a tale of small town girls, living in a lonely world, who went out to roll the dice just one more time. Anna and I commandeered the Mackowiak Family Matrix and headed out of town. I-85 had traffic, Briarcliff Road had traffic, so we were late. But I managed not to "freak out" while KQ got ready and instead passed the time showing Anna around KQ's awesome Midtown bachelor pad. KQ has got that kind of condo that says to the world, "Hey world, I'm a helluvalot cooler than you and I have the exposed piping to prove it!" I love her apt. It has been home to me on many ultimate weekends. Oh pull-out couch! Oh deck-that-used-to-have-a-view-of-downtown! Oh Mona! This is the kind of condo you get when you first realize you are an adult. Likely won't be home forever, but damn, it's home for now. Jealous jealous jealous.

Anyway, after KQ was finally ready we all headed out to the White Space gallery in Inman Park. Chris's boyfriend Jonathan had his
first solo art show. Photography and Sculpture (please see above photo which I hope I don't get into trouble for posting). The theme was "Flux" and the works attempted to capture the manifold changes that punctuate human existence--emotional and physical. They were powerful pieces, to say the least. Anna was disturbed by the sculptures, which resembled moist hornet nests. But I thought they were beautiful, if vaginal and spinal. At any rate, Jonathan did a fantastic job and I'm pleased that I got to see the show.

After the show (and the free white wine and the American Spirits and the convesation about Pride and Prejudice) KQ, Anna, and I took our fabulous selves to
One for a little bit of chi chi dinner and chi chi conversation. I felt like I had stepped onto the set of Sex and the City or something. Steak Tartare! Shrimp Ceviche! Tuna Filet! Romanian Pinot Grigio! And did you know Hermes is pronounced Air-mez and not Air-may? Well, you may put that in your pipe and smoke it! Oh, and I still owe KQ $35.

We were faced with a dilemma after dinner: which party do we attend? The boys from the art show were all supposed to be going to
Decatur for quality dance time. But what about the ultimate party at Parag's? What to do what to do? Obviously this is a job for...The Cokers! After rousing them from what may or may not have been purely innocent bedroom time, we did some Maker's Mark shots and headed to the keg party (because keg parties follow dinner at One so well). The evening was peppered with such incidents as Anna becoming the team girlfriend for the phalanx of foreign exchange students thrilled to find a pretty French girl at a Tech party, Russell making me cry (after I beat him chugging and gave him a vicious backslap), and Hensley pouring Everclear in people's beers (I suppose that one falls into the category of "seemed like a good idea at the time"). I drank too much and spent too much time defending lawyers. But I looked really really good.

The evening wound down with some quality time with the Coker Dogs and the Coker Wedding Album. There may have been some cigarette smoking and Ned may have fallen asleep on the couch...Then it was off to bed. And another Glitterati Friday Night came to a close.

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger KQ said...

I had a very Salley weekend indeed! I had no idea you felt so strongly about my cat. Oh, and Edelman says "hi" to Anna.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home